Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Can I be a child?

Ma, can I be your child again?

As I grapple with life everyday,
As I struggle to fit in.
Sometimes here, sometimes there
I remember the days ma,
when if i was alone, you played with me.
When my life revolved around dolls and dogs.
When I could come crying to you because Ramu did not talk.
When you brought me that lovely pink frock.

I remember those days now ma,
As I struggle to fit in.

I am an adult now.
I am responsible.
I have to work now,
earn something feasible

I remember those days now ma,
When if I was afraid, you hugged me.
When i was ill, to sleep you lulled me
When you told me stories of Alice in Wonderland,
When you told me of Peter Pan and Neverland

Today I am afraid ma,
I need your soft push to get me going.
I need you to help me face the storms.
I have to face the rain alone,
I am afraid I will falter.
Will you offer me your hand again?
So I can bear the pain.

Oh! Can I be a Child ma?
Can I be your child again?

No comments: